Full CNC Portable Orbital Lathe from Precision Metal Group
Performs all possible turning and thread cutting processes on-site
- Lathe: Stock removing machine, whose cutting movement takes place thanks to the relative rotation between the piece and the cutting tool
- Orbital: Machine whose tool traces circular paths around the piece to be worked on
- Portable: It is the machine that is installed and fastened on the piece, instead of the piece instead of the piece being fastened onto the machine
- Full CNC: Movements and parameters of machining are completely controlled by the computer. The control panel is made up of one single body, allowing for an easy operation of the machine through a touch screen and a pull out wheel. The software allows for editing/saving of the code of the tool’s route in a standard g-code and m-code
For “on site” turning with extreme precision (completely run by a CNC controller), on faces and internal and/or external extremetities of cylindrical surfaces, of fixed tubular bodies which are immovable or impossible to rotate.
- Curved and/or internal and/or external linear interpolations
- Simple and/or Profile Facing
- Multi-Level cylindrical grooves
The special self-centring system with double expansion taper ensures secure gripping of any tubing, in any configuration. A “revolutionary” orbital cutting system and the compact size of the rotary head enable the T.O.P. machine to perform all jobs of a conventional stationary CNC lathe in an unconventional way.