Suitable for driving resistive, inductive, transformer and complex loads that require current limit and power feedback, Revo CL single phase thyristors are available in versions ranging from 25 amps per phase up to 700 amps per phase at voltages up to 600V.
Revo CL universal thyristor units can be configured via a serial communication port for all inputs, firing modes, control modes and load types.
Revo CL thyristors are specifically designed to drive transformer coupled loads. When operating in phase control mode, the transformer inrush current is mitigated by the thyristor’s current limit and soft start features. When operating in burst control mode, an adjustable delay trigger feature delays firing until some point after the zero volt crossing point to avoid transformer saturation, which may result in inrush current and nuisance fuse blows.
The Revo CL thyristor can optionally detect heater breaks making it particularly useful for applications running heaters in parallel.
Key features of Revo CL single phase thyristors:
- Internal keypad used to configure the unit as well as read power, current and voltage values
- Optional CD-KP panel display allows electrical parameters to be configured and read without opening the enclosure to minimise exposure to dangerous voltages
- Can be conveniently set up via PC using the software configurator tool
- Universal input with a choice of 4-20mA, 0-10V DC or 10K potentiometer signals with automatic zero/span calibration
- Firing modes selectable between burst firing, phase angle, phase angle with soft start and single cycle
- Firing modes can be switched on the run via the RS485 port
- Can be configured for voltage, current or power feedback
- Suitable for complex variable resistance loads such as silicon carbide, graphite or molybdenum heaters
- V2 feedback available for use on lighting systems where light intensity is proportional to V2
- Feedback type can be changed on the run either by digital input or via the RS485 communications port
- RS485 port running Modbus RTU protocol provided as standard
- Fieldbus modules available to convert Modbus RTU RS485 to Profibus, Ethernet, Devicenet and CANbus
- Semiconductor protection fuse internal to the thyristor supplied as standard