Practical Control Solutions offers a unique power control system that works in conjunction with thyristor based solid state switches to minimise energy costs by limiting maximum demand and evenly distributing power demand over time.
The REVO-PC system achieves this by using a highly sophisticated yet simple to implement algorithm. REVO-PC can maintain electricity consumption within supply contract terms for electricity consumers on maximum demand tariff.
The REVO-PC system offers several benefits to the consumer. A single REVO-PC unit can control up to 24 single phase loads or 8 three phase loads. The easy to implement system enables power savings through harmonic reduction and also eliminates flicker.
Only a few parameters need to be entered to configure the REVO-PC system, including the operating current of each heater zone, the total power limit and the power of each zone.
Key benefits of the REVO-PC power control system:
- Eliminates power overshoot
- Power factor close to unity due to zero cross firing
- Maintains instantaneous power demand within the limit of electricity supply contract
- Prevents increases in maximum demand tariffs imposed by the electricity supplier
- Fast return on investment
- Designed to control multi zone, multi loop heating loads
- Single unit can control 8, 16 or 24 single phase loads or 8 three phase loads utilising 2 phase or three phase switching
The Live Predictive Synchronization automatically controls all zones resulting in improved performance:
- Total current is equal to a sinusoidal wave form
- Power factor > 0.9
- Instantaneous current close to average value
- Minimisation of harmonics
- Power saving by harmonic reduction Elimination of flicker
Smart power limitation works in conjunction with synchronization. REVO-PC makes a live predictive calculation of power at each period and generates output values for the next period.
If the calculated power is below the power limit, the previous values remain with each zone using full power. If the calculated power is above the power limit, the power of each zone is reduced proportionally to restrict maximum power demand, preventing any increase in energy tariffs imposed by the electricity supplier.
Practical Control Solutions offers consultation on all aspects of selection, application, configuration and commissioning of the REVO-PC power control system.