Available from Practical Control Solutions , CD3000E 3PH is a range of fully digital universal thyristors based on a powerful dedicated microprocessor.
The CD3000E 3PH thyristors are configurable via a serial communication port for all inputs, firing modes, control modes and load types.
Suitable for driving resistive, inductive, transformer and complex loads that require current limit and power feedback, CD3000E 3PH thyristors are available in versions ranging from 25 amps per phase up to 600 amps per phase at voltages up to 600V.
An internal keypad is provided to configure the unit as well as read power, current and voltage values. An optional CD-KP panel display allows the user to configure and read electrical parameters without the need to open the door of the electrical enclosure, thus minimising exposure to dangerous voltages.
The CD3000E 3PH thyristor can also be conveniently set up via PC using the software configurator tool.
Key features of CD3000E 3PH thyristors:
- Universal input with a choice of 4-20mA, 0-10V DC or 10K potentiometer signals with automatic zero/span calibration
- Firing modes selectable between burst firing, phase angle, phase angle with soft start and single cycle
- Firing modes can be switched on the run via the RS485 port
- Can be configured for voltage, current or power feedback, making it suitable for complex variable resistance loads such as silicon carbide, graphite or molybdenum heaters
- Feedback type can be changed on the run either by digital input or via the RS485 communications port
- Detects unbalanced loads and heater breaks making it particularly useful for applications running heaters in parallel
- RS485 port running Modbus RTU protocol allows remote configuration as well as reading of important electrical parameters
- Fieldbus modules available to convert Modbus RTU RS485 to Profibus, Ethernet, Devicenet and CANbus
- Semiconductor protection fuses supplied as standard