Nissan’s newly launched SRX Platinum Series is the company’s first pantograph style reach truck designed to meet the increasing demand for high performing narrow aisle reach trucks. Following a highly successful launch in the USA, the new SRX Platinum Series is now available in Australia.
Available in three capacities ranging from 1,360kg to 2,000kg for diverse materials handling applications, the SRX Platinum Series pantograph style reach trucks incorporate several operator inputs to ensure their acceptance into the highly competitive reach truck market in the USA.
Nissan’s SRX Platinum Series reach trucks offer excellent operator safety and comfort features. The rugged single and double reach pantograph mechanisms incorporate dual reach cylinders, providing strength and durability to increase component life while handling heavy loads.
Standard safety features include a mast lock (automatically locking mast lift and tilt) when the operator presence pedal is released, lift control (restricting lift speed at faster travel speeds), reduced travel speed at high lift heights, and ramp hold (automatic parking brake) ideal for trucks using push-back racks.
According to Powerlift Nissan National Sales and Marketing Manager David Miller, the launch of the new Nissan reach trucks offers another genuine option for pantograph style reach trucks in the Australian materials handling solutions market, combining Nissan’s manufacturing and quality expertise with the latest innovations in operator comfort and battery life.
Key features of SRX Platinum Series reach trucks:
- Simplified entry and exit due to a low step height
- Side stance design provides comfortable forward or reverse driving
- Gently sloped floorboard sits atop four vibration isolators offering a relaxed driving position throughout a standing shift
- Cushioned floor mat provides a smoother, more enjoyable ride
- Dual spring suspension system in the caster design offers a more stable operation over uneven or rough driving surfaces
- Thick padding located beneath the operator’s arm, height adjustable cushioned backrest and knee pad add to operator comfort
- Rear overhead guard post and high operator backrest provide added protection for the operator in tight areas around racking
- Ergonomically designed intuitive multifunction handle reduces operator effort, resulting in precise control
- Handle performs operational commands including drive, lift and lower, horn, reach and sideshift or any other auxiliary function
- Dash includes an LED display to communicate truck status and warnings to the operator
- Wide slots in overhead guard for maximum upward visibility in high reach operations allow easier load handling and increased operator efficiency
- Retract function is hydraulically cushioned for smooth operation, with programmable speed for customised performance
- Advanced AC control system ensures travel and hydraulic motors are running at peak efficiency
- Four-mode regenerative braking transforms kinetic energy into electrical energy flowing back to the battery enabling longer operation
- Auto-power off system shuts off truck power after 15 minutes of non-operation
- Programmable Battery Discharge Indicator matches actual battery usage patterns for a typical discharge rate for reliable battery life
- All AC motors and controllers have thermal protection as standard