The range of Shand & Jurs Flame Arresters from Austral Powerflo Solutions are designed to provide a positive flame stop on low pressure tanks containing flammable liquids or solvents having a low flash point.
These arresters not only provide exceptional protection against fire from external ignition, but also offers maximum flow capacity. They are usually installed with pressure-vacuum vents, or in-line free vent to atmosphere.
The tube bank design consisting of a spiral-wound crimped ribbon around a solid core, maximise flow capacity with minimum pressure drop.
The following are some of the key features of Austral’s flame arresters:
- FM approved
- Carbon, 316SS and Hastelloy materials.
- Screwed 1/4" to 2" NPT and 150/300# ANSI flanged 50 to 350mm
- Standard construction includes light weight cast aluminium, cast iron, cast steel, 304 stainless steel and 316 stainless steel body materials suitable for most environments.
- Tube bank is available in aluminium, 304 stainless steel and 316 stainless steel as standard.
- For highly corrosive and severe conditions, special materials and coatings are available.
- A complete range of sizes from 2'' through 12'' are available with flat face or raised face flanges to match ANSI 150# connections.
- Periodic inspection, maintenance and replacement of the tube bank is easily accomplished by simply removing tie-bolts and expanding the remaining jack screws.