The Shand & Jurs Detonation Flame Arresters from Austral Powerflo Solutions provide protection against flame propagation by means of piping runs and vapor recovery systems, while allowing maximum flow efficiencies.
The design specific to these detonation flame arresters quenches a flame front approaching from either direction, even if it has transitioned to a detonation. The Arresters contain a detonation while retaining the integrity of both the arresting element and the housing.
The following are some of the key features of Austral’s detonation flame arresters:
- Standard construction of the housing is available in Carbon Steel or 316 Stainless Steel.
- The tube bank is Stainless Steel throughout.
- Special construction materials to withstand the corrosive actions of some vapors and atmospheric conditions are available upon request.
- Given the severe service conditions that the Detonation Flame Arrester encounters, all construction welding is performed in accordance with ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Section Vlll and IX.
- Class 150# Hydrostatically tested at 425 psig.
- Class 300# Hydrostatically tested at 750 psig.
- These models are available in a range of sizes from 2” through 24”.
- Additional sizes available upon request.
- Standard connections are ANSI 150# or 300# Class raised face flanges.