The new Magnetrol Digital E3 Modulevel Liquid Level Displacer Transmitter, available from Austral Powerflo Solutions is an advanced, intrinsically safe two-wire instrument utilizing simple buoyancy principle to detect and convert liquid level changes into a stable output signal. The linkage between the level sensing element and output electronics provides a simple mechanical design and construction. The vertical in-line design of the transmitter results in low instrument weight and simplified installation. The instrument comes in a variety of configurations and pressure ratings for varied applications.
The Digital E3 Modulevel has microprocessor-based electronics with 4-20 mA/HART or FOUNDATION fieldbus output. E3 supports the FDT/DTM standard and a PACTware PC software package allows for additional configuration and trending capabilities.
Features of the liquid level displacer transmitter include:
- Two-wire, loop-powered, transmitter for level, interface or density measurement
- No level change needed for configuration; no field calibration necessary
- Safety Integrity Level (SIL) value of 2, SFF value of 92.3%
- 4-20mA output signal
- Two-line, 8-character LCD and 3 button keypad
- The liquid level displacer transmitter is IECEx approved