Developed by Electrotek Concepts and offered in Australia by Power Quality Solutions , SuperHarmSoftware, has been formulated to evaluate harmonics on electric power systems.
SuperHarm includes a wide variety of device and source models which assist in developing a computer model of a power system to explore variations on system loads and configurations, along with the resulting impact on system frequency response and distortion levels.
The following are some of the devices and source models included in SuperHarm:
- generic harmonic voltage and current source models
- three-phase equivalent model
- simple single and three-phase RL branch models
- capacitor model
- long line corrected pi model
- mutually-coupled, multi-phase transmission line model
- induction and synchronous machine models
- advanced load model
SuperHarm can solve both balanced and unbalanced three-phase systems. This is accomplished by using phase domain nodal admittance matrix techniques rather than sequence component solution methods.
SuperHarm utilises TOP, The Output Processor to visualise the simulation results. TOP takes advantage of the Microsoft Windows Graphical User Interface and clipboard to allow users to easily transfer data to programs such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
TOP reads the resulting voltage solution vector file and manipulates, visualises, and prints the results.
Outputs available from TOP include
- Waveform & Spectrum Plots
- Frequency Response Plots
- Summary Tables (including IEEE Std 519 application)
- Summary Bar/Column Charts