Power Machinery Australia introduces the MEP Shark 282 NC EVO, a new range of CNC-controlled, electro-hydraulic automatic band saws that are among the most versatile of metal cutting saws.
In addition to automatic mode, Shark 282 band saws can operate in semi-automatic, semi-automatic/dynamic and manual cycles (for cuts from 45º right to 60º left). The manual or semi-automatic/dynamic cutting cycles are free of any parameters, allowing easy use for odd cuts.
According to Ken Christensen, Power Machinery's Managing Director, the MEP Shark 282NC EVO not only gives the operator the ability to program multiple lengths on a single piece of material and cut automatically but also still functions as an excellent mitering semi-automatic saw for all the one-off jobs that come into most shops.
Key features of MEP Shark 282NC EVO band saws:
- Console with centralised controls installed on an articulated arm to follow the operator in every operating position
- Fieldbus control system (MODBUS protocol) with double microprocessor and serial connection
- Electronic inverter for the infinitely variable band speed from 15 to 100 m/min
- New generation hydraulic control unit with high efficiency and low energy consumption
- Bar feeder with recirculating balls screw/nut and stepper motor
- Programmable headstroke according to the size of the material to be cut
- Electronic transducer to visualise band tension
- Automatic adaptive shearing stress control system with servo valve mounted directly on the cylinder
- Coolant tank inside the steel base with two electric pumps to lube-refrigerate the band
- Drawer to collect chips can be replaced with a motorised chip evacuator
- Preset to be equipped with the spray mist system
- Optional mist lubrication is recommended for tube work
- Extra protection for operator safety
- Wire chip brush for band cleaning
- Bi-metal bands for solids and sections