The new Adira E Type GH hydraulic swing beam shears, available from Power Machinery Australia can be provided with an optional, patented SCSC sheet support system.
A pneumatic pivoting table combined with retractable pins in the back-gauge bar allows the material to be kept flat during the cutting process. The SCSC sheet support system helps to eliminate the common sagging problem associated with light gauge sheet metal, which results in the material not measuring accurately against the back gauge bar or even making contact in some cases.
In the SCSC system, the thin gauge support table holds the plate, enabling its end to reach the gauge bar and always ensuring that the material is accurately cut to the required width.
Once the material is clamped and the sheet support table drops away, the pins in the back gauge bar continue to hold the plate during the cut, preventing twists at the end of the cut to enable the cut-off piece to fall down in a controlled way and avoiding damage to its corners.
Automatic contact cutting probes are also provided as an option in the new Adira E Type GH hydraulic swing beam shears.
Once activated at the control panel, the cut is engaged automatically by the contact of the sheet metal or plate against the probes built into the gauge bar. Contact against two or more probes ensures the machine will not cut until the material is referenced squarely.
The sturdy welded frame and blade beam of the Adira E Type GH series metal machines ensure steadiness and accuracy. The E Type GH series achieves a remarkable blade clearance consistency and maximum blade life due to its proven swing beam design, which makes blade overriding impossible.
Zero deflection during cutting is possible as the machine has an amply dimensioned table built into the frame. An accurate and rigid back gauge ensures its resistance to the hitting of the plates against the back gauge bar.
The Adira E Type GH hydraulic swing beam shears detect the pressure required to complete each cut, and develop only the required clamping force and cutting force necessary, reducing damage to the material through the clamping operation.
This feature is particularly relevant for light or soft materials and also ensures longer machine life while lowering energy consumption.
The Adira E Type GH hydraulic swing beam shears are controlled either through a standard numerical control, Adiramatic with programmable memory or Cybelec numerical control. Both controls allow direct programming of the back gauge size, programming of up to 200 sequences distributed by 200 programs and a work piece counter with up or down counting.
Key features of Adira E Type GH hydraulic swing beam shears:
- Low cutting angle eliminates need for rake angle adjustment systems
- Low cutting angle also ensures little twist in narrow pieces, even when cutting at maximum thickness
- Automatic retraction of the back gauge during the cut prevents wear on the gauge bar surface and the jamming of the cut-off between the bar and the fixed blade
- When the back gauge is run out to its maximum dimension, the unit swings up to enable cutting of plates wider than the back gauge travel
- New ergonomic control station
- Hold-down guard offers clear sight of the cutting line without sacrificing operator safety
- Bolsters on the wide table protect hands during the plate feeding operation
- Controlled through a standard numerical control, Adiramatic with programmable memory or Cybelec numerical control
- 300mm throat allows slitting of plates infinitely longer than the actual cutting length of the machine
- Quick and easy blade clearance adjustment according to material type and thickness by adjusting one handle
- Optional blade clearance adjustment can be motorised and/or computer controlled
- Cutting length adjustment via electronic transducer on the control panel increases the number of strokes per minute on short plates