The smallest in their range of portable generators, the compact Yanmar eG55 is part of Yanmar’s next generation of small and silent gen sets in the Australian market.
Yanmar eG55 portable generators are powered by Yanmar’s single cylinder L series air cooled diesel engine with a maximum output of 5.1 kVA (standby at 50Hz) and operating at 3,000 RPM. At continuous 100% load, the noise level at 7.0m is a very acceptable 73 dB, with the cabinet’s soundproof isolation material further aiding its quiet operation.
According to Noel Heritage, Business Manager of Power Equipment, the Australian agent for Yanmar, the new Yanmar eG55 is particularly suited to domestic applications where power supply needs to be supplemented, either as a diesel backup for standalone solar power systems or when mains outages occur.
Key features of Yanmar eG55 portable diesel generators:
- 2-pole, single phase unit with capacity to generate up to 240 volts
- User-friendly design with control panel and service access located on the same side of the cabinet
- All routine maintenance can be achieved through the wide access door
- Fuel level indicator and multi-directional exhaust discharge pipe on the cabinet can be rotated to the direction that best suits the application
- Industrial wheels with paddle locks and side push bars for better portability
- Dry weight of 171kg allows easy shifting to various locations using appropriate materials handling equipment
- Fitted with a single point lifting ring to assist with easy handling
- Excellent sound attenuation (73 dB at 7m at continuous 100% load)
- High power output with low fuel consumption