Power Equipment - Yanmar has been appointed the official distributor of PSS Seals in the Australian, New Zealand and South Pacific markets.
Packless Sealing System (PSS) is a world leading manufacturer of seals for through hull shafts and steering systems. PSS seals are available for shafts from 20mm through to 95mm.
Under the new distribution arrangement, Power Equipment will be able to revise the price list to offer customers significant cost savings.
According to Ian Mills, PSS Product Manager at Power Equipment, PSS seals provide a modern-day solution to boaters of all description who have had to endure problems with installations where the prop shaft or rudder passes through the hull below the water line.
PSS shaft seals employ modern materials and precision engineering to provide a dripless seal without the need for constant maintenance.
Key features of PSS shaft seals:
- Unique design makes the seal an easy and convenient replacement for the traditional ‘stuffing box’
- Comprises of a carbon/graphite flange, stainless steel collar and rubber bellows
- Dripless design eliminates the need to pump the bilge
- Reduced maintenance costs since repacking a traditional stuffing box is eliminated
- Flange bearing made from graphite eliminates shaft wear
Power Equipment is the exclusive and authorised Australian, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and South Pacific distributor of Yanmar marine and industrial diesel engines, JCB DieselMax, MASE diesel marine generators and Gori high quality folding sailboat propellers.