Power Equipment - Yanmar installed a JCB engine-powered generator set incorporating the powerful JCB DieselMax 444 engine to power a remote community in Western Australia.
Power Equipment is also the exclusive authorised distributor of JCB DieselMax engines for Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and the South Pacific.
Leopold Downs Station in the Kimberley region of Western Australia is one of the remotest regions in Australia and also the site of a truly innovative collaborative educational program between the Aboriginal people of the Fitzroy Valley Community and the community of Wesley College, Melbourne.
Power Equipment received a request from Jingo Water Supplies for a gen set to power the isolated community.
Since the biggest Yanmar diesel engine wasn’t large enough for the application, Power Equipment turned to the higher rating JCB 444 model as the solution.
The generator set is powered by the JCB DieselMax 444 engine, a 4-cylinder, 4.4 litre powerhouse boasting 4 valves per cylinder with high torque at constant speed settings.
Rated at 100 kWm at 1500 rpm (prime power), the JCB DieselMax 444 engine is linked to a Sincro 4 pole AVR generator with the overall package protected with Power Equipment’s EC-150 engine management system.
Key features of the generator set:
- JCB DieselMax 444 diesel engine carries a market leading warranty policy
- JCB powered package is ideal for remote locations or harsh environments, delivering reliability and durability
- EC-150 engine management system delivers comprehensive engine protection, providing peace of mind to operators
- EC-150 protects the engine in a range of adverse conditions such as low oil pressure, low cooling water level, high cooling water temperature or fan belt breakage by shutting the engine down
- EC-150 system also comes fitted with a battery voltage indicator, hour meter, tachometer and 99-hour engine timer in addition to the facility for high and low pump pressure shutdown
According to Power Equipment, the Leopold Downs installation is an example of how an established Yanmar customer has embraced their new JCB products.
According to Noel Heritage, Business Manager for Power Equipment, their customers have the advantage of access to a large power band of premium quality diesel engines with the lower half of the power range requirements being met by the Yanmar line-up, and the upper power requirements by the JCB DieselMax range.
Power Equipment is the exclusive and authorised Australian, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and South Pacific distributor of Yanmar marine and industrial diesel engines.
Power Equipment also distributes the Yanmar-powered MASE diesel marine generators range and Gori high quality folding sailboat propellers.