The Maroondah City Council is responsible for keeping trees and bushland in check in its parks and suburban streets. Having operated a variety of mobile chipping units over the years, the crew working to maintain trees in the municipality were dissatisfied with their chipping equipment with problems including overheating and inability to handle the workload.
The Council turned to Australian specialist Chipstar for a new chipper. Chipstar chose JCB diesel engines to deliver the raw, reliable diesel power needed to drive their top-of-the-line Chipstar wood chippers.
The new Chipstar 355 MX model features a giant 355mm cutting disc with hardened steel cutting teeth. A complex system of hydraulically driven feed rollers and crush rollers is also built into the chipper with the JCB diesel engine tasked with driving not only the chipping disc, but also the hydraulics needed for other operational functions.
Key features of the JCB DieselMax 444 diesel engines:
- Housed in an enclosed engine compartment with excellent access on both sides for servicing
- 4-cylinder, 4.4 litre powerhouse boasting 4 valves per cylinder with high torque at low speeds
- Rated at 89kW at 2200 rpm
- Carries a market leading warranty policy
- Quiet operation increases suitability for operation in residential and public park areas
Power Equipment is the exclusive and authorised Australian, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and South Pacific distributor of Yanmar marine and industrial diesel engines, JCB DieselMax, MASE diesel marine generators and Gori high quality folding sailboat propellers.