It is common knowledge that plastics have amazing insulating properties when it comes to electrically powered equipment, and Polysource Australia are proud to offer customers plastic materials that provide optimal safety power applications.
Plastics fall into two broad categories; thermoplastics, such as polyurethane, which can be repeatedly melted down and remoulded and thermosets such as urea formaldehyde, which is permanently set without the ability to be remelted, making them suitable for applications where heat is encountered.
Applications where plastic meet electrical power in an ideal partnership include:
- Audio-Visual - the stylish appearance of modern CD players, VCRs, PC's, DVD systems, and TV sets owes much to the design freedom granted by plastics
- White Goods - plastics make hygienic and attractive knobs, handles and door facings on cookers; liners, handles and internal fittings on refrigerators and freezers; and housings and tops on washing machines and dishwashers
- Small White Goods - plastics make safety for goods such as food processors, toasters, kettles and hairdryers possible
- Tools - filled, impact and fire-resistant plastics make durable housings and handles for tools such as lawnmowers, vacuum cleaners drills, paint-strippers, and hedge-trimmers
- Office Equipment - smart and hard wearing plastic keypads and housings for telephones, machines photocopiers and computers are essential to the modern office.