Featuring a modular design, the new Polex dust collectors incorporate high efficiency fans to save on energy costs. All units can be fitted with a VSD (variable speed drive controller) featuring an air flow sensor that will communicate with the Polex control system to lower the fan motor’s power usage when one or more slide dampers or blast gates are shut off.
For instance, a system with 12 outlets at 12 machines requires a 30 kW motor on the fan to provide adequate suction. If 6 outlets are closed off, the air flow sensor will communicate to the Polex control system to cut power to the motor to run at 50% power, resulting in cost savings over the life of the dust collector.
Key features of Polex’s energy saving modular dust collectors:
- Rotary airlock valves enable the unit to keep running when the bins are being emptied
- Significant savings in labour costs as operations need not be stopped when the collection bins are being emptied
- Reverse pulse fully automatic continuous cleaning system ensures the unit is working at or near 100% efficiency all the time
- Shaker cleaning system also available
- High quality filter mediums and cartridges
- Available in a wide range of sizes and configurations with units from 1m² to 60+m² in size
- Modular design allows units to be delivered flat packed, saving on transport costs
- Can be easily reassembled on site with a minimum of tools or specialised labour
Polex will be showcasing their modular dust collectors on Stand 3222 at the AWISA Exhibition from 11 to 14 July 2012 at the Sydney Exhibition Centre, Darling Harbour.