American ATV Manufacturer Polaris Industries introduces a new range of all terrain vehicles designed for the farming sector.
The new 2011 Sportsman 550 X2 all terrain vehicles are farm ATVs designed for superior performance, offering serious farmers even more than previous models with increased towing, traction and carrying capacities.
A major upgrade from the outgoing model, the new Sportsman X2 550 all terrain vehicles feature:
- Powerful 550cc single EFI with 42hp for more reliable starting
- Engine Braking System (EBS)
- Active Control Descent (ACD)
- Huge 31-litre/ 55kg front storage box
- Rolled Independent Rear Suspension (IRS)
- Dual A-Arm Front Suspension
Features such as the rolled IRS and Dual A-arm front suspension offer several benefits.
IRS minimises rear-end squat and provides better bump absorption while the new Dual A-arm front suspension dramatically reduces kickback, minimising rider fatigue that can result from constant jolts to the handlebars.
The exclusive Polaris VERSATRAC system enables the rider to choose 2-wheel drive, On Demand All-Wheel Drive (AWD), AWD with Active Descent Control or Turf mode, which provides 15 percent tighter turns and minimises damage to soft terrain.
The Sportsman’s rear dump box offers a carrying capacity of 181.4kg, one of the highest in any 2-Up ATV as well as a towing capacity of 680.4kg.
The 2011 Sportsman 550 X2 ATVs are designed for riders to take everything in one trip without overloading the vehicle.
Key features of 2010 Sportsman X2 550 ATVs:
- 550cc, single EFI engine
- Rear dump box capacity of 181.4kg
- Towing capacity of 680.4kg
- Rolled independent rear suspension
- Dual A-arm front suspension
- Engine braking with Active Descent Control
- High ground clearance at 28.6cm
- Transforming seat to go from 1-Up work mode to 2-Up play mode
- Exclusive VERSATRAC system