The Diesel model offers a combination of towing, carrying, three-seat capacity and certified roll over protection structures (ROPS).
“Our research shows customers in heavy applications are demanding safer and more versatile vehicles, such as mining companies, the military and our core farming, corporate and government markets,” said Polaris Managing Director, Peter Alexander.
The Polaris Ranger Diesel prototypes passed all tests in their months of extensive testing through the Australian outback. Alexander said this revealed Australia and New Zealand’s pivotal role in the Polaris global product planning and vehicle development process.
“Whenever the guys in Minnesota are developing a new heavy duty workhorse, some of the first prototypes are sent down under for testing,” he said.
The Ranger Diesel has excellent performance with a top speed of 56km/h. The Ranger Diesel can haul all day with its 454kg full pallet-size tipping box and massive 907kg towing capacity. Peak torque at 90% is 1,600rpm.
The Polaris Ranger Diesel is distinguished from the rest of the market by its ride quality. With long travel suspension (24.4cm front, 22.9cm rear) and 30.5 cm ground clearance, the Ranger rides smoothly for safer handling.
The unique four-corner adjustable suspension system allows the operator to adjust for the specific work conditions ahead. Ranger Diesel also comes equipped with selectable On-Demand True All-Wheel Drive with Turf Mode which automatically engages all four wheels when you need more forward traction.
The Polaris Side by Side (SxS) utility vehicle range now includes,
- The industry’s first zero emission electric 4WD utility vehicle – the Ranger EV
- A new 400cc & 500cc EFI two and four seat models
- Ranger HD with self-levelling suspension, power steering and optional hydraulic bucket or grapple
- A range of military specified petrol, diesel and electric Ranger utility and Sportsman all-terrain vehicles available in 4WD and 6WD.
- An extensive array of PURE Polaris genuine accessories