Tracked platforms are also known as spider lifts and their configuration makes them ideally suited to operating autonomously and in situations where conventional mobile and vehicle mounted equipment cannot be utilised. For example on uneven and rough ground, areas of narrow accessibility such as gates and doorways and around tight corners. Due to the fact that these tracked platforms are only 780 mm wide, they are able to pass through a standard 2 metre high doorway thus enabling them to work inside.
These tracked platforms which are available here in Australia from Platform Sales Australia have an aluminium trailer which means they can be easily transported behind most utes or 4WDs. They also have a 1.5 Kw auxiliary engine and their simple control system enables ease of use by the operator as well as simple servicing and maintenance.
The Traccess 135E tracked platforms have a versatile boom design. They are able to access numerous applications due to their articulated, top-telescopic and independent fly-boom, which is standard in all models, together with their closed dimensions. Maximum Working height is up to 13 metres and working outreach is 6.5 metres.
These tracked platforms have been designed to meet the needs of:
- The building industry
- The construction industry
The Traccess spider lifts have a maximum traction speed of 1.5 km/h and can overcome 31 per cent slopes. They have the capacity to be driven and steered from the ground by remote control which allows the operator to move away from the handling area when loading and unloading objects or when navigating difficult terrain.
The Traccess 135E tracked platforms have a number of safety features incorporated into their design. These include:
- Two safety harness hooking locations in the basket
- A quick release removable basket
- A basket loading sensing device
- Automatic basket overload sensor that comes with an alarm device and cut-out
- An emergency manual pump
- Outrigger interlocks
- Hydraulic circuitry with check valves on all cylinders
- Remote drive as standard for safe loading and manoeuvring
- Protected internal routing of hydraulic and electric services to the basket
- Full manual override for all functions