The Association has developed guidelines, markets and promotes the correct use and installation of safe and environmentally responsible plastics pipe systems.
PIPA's current appointed CEO, Bill Wood, runs the Association and is responsible to nine Board of Directors.
PIPA Membership is represented by:
- manufacturers and suppliers of plastics pipe and fittings
- manufacturers and suppliers of plastic resin
- ancillary suppliers to the industry (raw materials, equipment)
- related industry associations, consultants, specifiers and contractors
- promote and assist in the development of standards and guidelines
- research, collect, interpret and disseminate technical information
- enhance the knowledge and awareness of contemporary plastic pipeline system technologies
- ensure that the environmental impact of plastic pipeline systems meet or exceed legislative and community standards