MANY countries around the world are introducing strict quarantine procedures. This means higher costs of shipping when using wooden pallets. The solution is plastic pallets.
Plastic pallets can significantly save money, time and effort. They're stronger, lighter and more hygienic, which means they can save more money on typical usage.
According to the Australian Quarantine Inspection Service’s article ‘Imported packaging materials: addressing the quarantine risks’:
"The quarantine risk posed by timber packaging is a global concern. Any longer term solution will involve regional or international action on wooden packaging and treatment. Options such as a total ban on timber packaging may need to be considered."
The main benefits of switching to plastic pallets include:
* Plastic pallets are lighter - lower transport costs, especially in the air
* Plastic pallets can be stored outside, therefore lower storage costs
* Plastic pallets are stronger and can be used five times longer than wooden pallets - higher return on investment
* Plastic pallets are cleaner. They do not absorb water or chemicals and cannot be used by bacteria or fungi - they can be used in clean areas for food, pharmaceuticals, wine and lots more
* Plastic pallets are uniform in dimensions and weight - if one goes through the process, they all will
* Plastic pallets have no splinters and no rusty nails - lower cost of workplace insurance and higher safety for employees
* Plastic pallets can be recycled.
Plastic2go Pty Ltd is an international manufacturer, wholesales, distributor and consultant in the plastic industry. Plastic2go Pty Ltd can provide a storage and shipping solution to suit all areas.