With the residential and commercial building sectors perpetually showing good growth across Australia, the growing demands on the cabinet making sector have been met by a new software technology to facilitate the manufacturing process.
Planit is a 32-Bit Windows system from Planit designed specifically for the cabinet making industry.
Planit’s solid product line utilises solid modelling technology to create true 3D presentations of the final concept on screen, while simultaneously generating all the vital information required for the shop floor.
Planit software can be applied for design only or right through to manufacture, with capabilities ranging from square cabinets to the most intricate of shapes.
Clever editing options even allow shapes to be configured as a whole, or part by part and easily directed through traditional manufacturing techniques or modern CNC machinery.
Engineered wholly and solely for the woodworking industry, Planit is a screen-to-machine software. For those workshops automating their businesses with CNC equipment, Planit is fully integrated with the Planit CNC centre, therefore providing a complete screen-to-machine solution and confirms all parts and part operations before sending data to the factory.
Planit is easy to set-up for the building of cabinets using favourite joinery techniques. Based on a simple wizard, it allows the creation of unlimited set-ups, mixes various settings per job and changes from one style to another instantly and allows saving of the construction methods for use over and over again.
An operator can customise cabinet sizes, shape, or any construction to suit the customer's needs. Colours and textures can be selected for the whole room or for individual cabinets and parts. Lighting and reflections can be controlled to bring these designs to life well before any manufacturing has begun.
Unlimited detailing includes the following:
- Users can configure openings and interior parts
- Placement of shelves, dividers, trays, and subassemblies
- Control of door reveals, styles, guides and other options per opening
- Materials can be changed per job, per room, per cabinet, or per part for complete control
- Cabinet shapes can be edited in plan view, elevation view or side view
- Prints are made for colour or detailed line drawings
- Instant change is facilitated between various construction settings
- Parts in part operations change instantly