DG & AM Bernard of Willow Tree, have found the Solid Design programme from Planit to be a good marketing tool that helped the company to win more business. DG & AM Bernard, which manufactures kitchens, office fit-outs, wardrobes, vanities and general cabinetry, supplies to builders as well as private customers such as wineries and horse studs in the Hunter Valley.
The Planit Solid Design programme gives a 3D computerised view and the designs can be emailed to customers or show them on-screen. Changes to shapes, colours, textures and laminates can be made quickly and simply. DG & AM Bernard found the Solid Design programme simple to learn and user friendly. Planit developed Solid Design for small cabinet making businesses that require the capability to lay out and design all their custom projects. Solid Design automatically generates shop drawings, 3D customer renderings, material requirements and estimating.
Engineered for the woodworking industry, Planit is a screen-to-machine software. For those workshops automating their businesses with CNC equipment, Planit is fully integrated with the Planit CNC centre, therefore providing a complete screen-to-machine solution that confirms all parts and part operations before sending data to the factory.
Planit is easy to set-up for the building of cabinets using favourite joinery techniques. Based on a simple wizard, it allows the creation of unlimited set-ups, mixes various settings per job, changes from one style to another instantly and allows saving of the construction methods for use over and over again.
An operator can customise cabinet sizes, shape, or any construction to suit the customer's needs. Colours and textures can be selected for the whole room or for individual cabinets and parts. Lighting and reflections can be controlled to bring these designs to life well before any manufacturing has begun.
Unlimited detailing with the Solid Design programme includes the following:
- Users can configure openings and interior parts
- Placement of shelves, dividers, trays, and subassemblies
- Control of door reveals, styles, guides and other options per opening
- Materials can be changed per job, per room, per cabinet, or per part for complete control
- Cabinet shapes can be edited in plan view, elevation view or side view
- Prints are made for colour or detailed line drawings
- Instant change is facilitated between various construction settings
- Parts in part operations change instantly