PIONEER Computers Australia have unveiled the DreamBook Light IL4, the fourth generation of ultra-portable notebooks.
The DreamBook Light IL4 comes with a 1.6Ghz processor, up to 2GB memory, 2.5 inch hard disk drive, 10.2 inch LVDS LCD, wireless LAN, Ethernet LAN, 3 in 1 card reader, integrated 0.3M Pixel PC camera and six cell battery. USB Bluetooth is provided as an option with the DreamBook Light IL4.
Weighing at 1.3kg including the six cell battery, the dimensions of the DreamBook Light IL4 are 249(W) x 195(D)mm, with thickness ranging from 26 to 33mm.
According to PIONEER Computers Australia, Australians prefer larger items that are easy to operate. The screen of the DreamBook Light IL4 is easier to read and the keyboard is more suited for larger fingers. However, the notebook is compact enough to carry around with ease.
The DreamBook Light IL4 is available from PIONEER Computers Australia on a build to order basis.
The DreamBook Light IL4 ultra portable notebook comes with specifications such as:
- Chipset: VIA VX700
- Model: 1 Spindle
- CPU: VIA C7-M, 1.6GHZ FSB 400MHz
- Memory: Up to 2 GB DDRII SO-DIMM
- HDD: SATA 2.5 inches hard disk drive
- Core Chip: VX700
- LCD panel: 10.2 inches LVDS LCD 1024 X600 pixel
- VGA: Integrated UniChrome Pro II 3D/2D graphics
- Sound Controller: HD audio
- Internal Speaker: x2
- Wireless LAN: Wireless module using Intel ProSet Wireless 802.11B/G/A
- Ethernet LAN: 10/100 Mbps Ethernet controller
- Bluetooth: USB optional
- D-Sub Port: X 1
- USB: X 3 (Ver. 2.0 Type A Port)
- Array Microphone: X 1
- Headphone out (line out): X 1
- RJ45: Yes
- Card Reader: 3 in 1 MMC/SD/MS Pro
- Sound Volume: By Hotkey
- Status Indicator: Power On status LED, Battery status LED, Wireless LAN activity LED, Number Lock LED, Caps lock LED, HDD status LED
- Battery: 6 Cells 4400mAH
- Camera: Integrated 0.3M Pixel PC camera