Pioneer Computers Australia have released DreamMicro 4U SAS to SAS/SATA JBOD System 1400.
The 1400 SAS JBOD, available from Pioneer Computers Australia, is a high-density, high-reliability and cost-effective SAS host to SAS/SATA-II disk direct attached primary or near-line storage solution.
With 1400, the user can customise the storage system for their needs. Configure it meet the high reliability, high-performance with SAS disk drive or low-cost high-capacity requirements with SATA-II disk drive or to create tiered storage solutions by mixing both SAS and SATA-II disk drives in the same system.
The 1400 SAS JBOD offers the high-performance and continuous availability demanded by today’s business applications and provides customers with choices in performance, capacity and reliability.
Density and scalability
Each 1400 SASS JBOD supports up to 24 disk drives in a 4U enclosure. It provides up to 18.0TB of SATA storage capacity for non-critical data or up to 7.2TB of high-performance 300GB 15K RPM 3.5” SAS disk drive for primary mission-critical data storage. The DNS-1400 SAS JBOD can be scaled to a total of 96 spindles (or four enclosures) for a total capacity of 72.0TB with SATA-II disk drive or 28.8TB with high-performance SAS disk drive.
Redundancy and reliability
Hot-Swappable disk drives and redundant, hot-swappable power and cooling modules that ensure a high level of system availability and maximum possible uptime is achieved through dual active-active Serial Attached SCSI I/O Module controllers that provide failover/failback operation.
- 4U 24 hot-swappable drive bays with key-lock front bezel
- Dual active-to-active, fail-over SAS JBOD I/O modules
- Two 3Gb/s SAS ports on each SAS I/O module, one-in and one-out
- 24 x dual ported (w/interposer) for SAS or SATA II hard disks
- 760W redundant hot-swappable power and cooling modules
- GUI based SES Management Tool to monitor the system
- Online Firmware Upgrade ensures system’s high availability
- By daisy-chaining JBODs, supports up to 96 hard disk drives