PIONEER Computers Australia has released DreamBook UMPC 650, the UMPC with a difference.
The DreamBook UMPC 650 comes with a keypad, good news for those who are used to typing. Users can also opt to use the pen on the touch screen or position the cursor with the touchpad.
It has the look and feel of a notebook, just much more compact. The 6.5" wide WVGA TFT screen with a resolution of 800 X 480, comes with LED.
The battery life is longer than other models of UMPC, up to 4 to 5 hours, with 2 cells Lithium Polymer battery, 3900mAHr, totals 28.86 watts.
It has a 300 pixel web cam for Video over IP.
GRS, TV Tuner and 3G module are optional.
- CPU: VIA ULVC7-M, 1.0GHz, nanoBGA2, FSB:400 MHz
- Memory: DDR2-533/667, 512MB/768MB/1GB
- Chipset: VIA VX700
- VGA: Integrated in VX700, UniChrome Pro core, Up to 128M
- Card reader: Ricoh R5C832, PCI I/F, support SD/SD-IO/MMC
- Audio: Realtek ALC268, Azalia I/F, 2 Channels (Just have ALC260 now, will switch to ALC268 on Jan./2007)
- Security: ST micro ST19WP18, TPM1.2 (optional)
- Wireless LAN: USB I/F, 802.11.b+g
- Bluetooth: Realtek, Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, USB2.0 I/F, class II output.
- LCD: 6.5" wide, TFT, WVGA (800X480), with LED backlight
- HDD: PATA, 1.8", 5 mm high, 30GB or above.
- Battery: 2 cells Lithium Polymer battery, 3900mAHr, total:28.86 watts
- Battery operation time: 4-5 hrs
- Speakers: Mono, 1 watt.
- WEB CAM: 300K pixels, VGA resolution, USB I/F, for Video over IP
- AC Adapter: 30W
- Media card slot (SD/SD-IO/MMC) x 1
- USB x 2
- Audio jack x 2: Mic-in and HP out.
- VGA x 1
- DC-in x 1
- Docking x 1
Buttons and switch:
- Display enlarge button
- Display brightness control button
- 4-way directional buttons
- Enter button
- Mouse left button
- Mouse right button
- SAS button (Ctl-Alt-Del)
- Volume control button
- Text input panel button
- Power on/off with hold button
- Touch screen with pen
- Mic in
- Display Screen switch button
- WiFi on/off button
- Bluetooth on/off button
- Web Cam on/off button
- Form factor: Size: 190mm x 120.8mm x 28.3mm, 7.48" x 4.72" x 1.1"
- Weight: 720g, 1.58lbs
- High capacity battery (TBD)
- GPS module
- TV module
- WWAN (TBD)
- Docking specification: 1394 Port x 1
- VGA connector x 1
- 10/100 LAN x 1
- DC in x 1
- USB x 3
- Audio head phone out x 1