PEOPLESOFT has announced PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne 8.11, the new release that incorporates intellectual property from the PeopleSoft Enterprise product family, and includes more than 250 product enhancements.
New solutions include those for designing production lines, processing inbound radio frequency identification (RFID) shipments, and managing customer relationships.
PeopleSoft also introduced a new sales and operations planning solution and key enhancements that significantly improve the application ownership experience for manufacturers.
"With the increasing pressure on Australia and New Zealand's manufacturers to look to measures such as offshoring to reduce their manufacturing costs, there is now a solution that provides them with an alternative," said Paul Liddiatt, PeopleSoft supply chain marketing director.
"With this latest release, manufacturers can reduce their costs, but also become more agile and demand driven, providing them with a great competitive edge and an option to offshoring."
PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne 8.11 is designed for manufacturers in consumer goods, industrial, life sciences, asset intensive, and project oriented services industries. the new release delivers the following breakthrough solutions:
* PeopleSoft Demand Flow Manufacturing. Formalises patented approaches for designing production lines, managing material replenishment, and staffing manufacturing production lines based on production volume and skill levels. The solution leverages licensed technology from JCIT International.
* PeopleSoft RFID Processor. Builds on PeopleSoft's existing outbound RFID solution that enables suppliers to meet their customers' RFID requirements as dictated for each ship-to location. The new RFID Processor, designed for processing inbound RFID shipments, provides manufacturing professionals immediate visibility into inventory -- whether it is in-transit, in a warehouse, or at the manufacturing plant.
* PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne CRM. PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne CRM incorporates manufacturing-specific business processes for sales and after-sales service interactions, including lead and opportunity management, consensus-based forecasting, real-time order promising, and case and service management. The solution also leverages intellectual property from PeopleSoft Enterprise CRM, and integrates customer-facing processes with back-office operations to deliver consistent customer information across the enterprise.
* PeopleSoft Sales and Operations Planning. Provides a single repository for sales, manufacturing operations, engineering and finance information. As a result, companies can more effectively anticipate fluctuations in demand and simulate the financial implications of supply chain decisions.
PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne 8.11 includes numerous Total Ownership Experience enhancements. After extensive testing in PeopleSoft's lab environment, the company has reported the following performance gains:
* 38 per cent reduction in overall installation time.
* 28 per cent reduced time to complete key user tasks.
* 40 per cent reduced time to implement applications using PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne Rapid Start, a pre-packaged software and services solution.
PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne 8.11 is in beta testing and will be generally available in December 2004.