The Zebra P330i card printer is now available with an optional smart card encoder supporting the latest ISO/IEC 7816 standards for contact smart cards as well as full colour graphics, text and barcode printing.
Smart cards, unlike magnetic-stripe cards, can carry all necessary functions and information on the card, is re-programmable and doesn't require access to remote databases at the time of transaction. The P330i is the first card printer in the budget range to offer this technology as a built in option.
Smart cards are embedded with either a microprocessor and a memory chip or only a memory chip with non-programmable logic. On the appropriate smart card, the Zebra P330i can add, delete, and otherwise manipulate information on the smart chip, making the P330i the ideal choice to print and encode individual data onto customized smart cards.
Using this latest technology, the P330i card printer can produce eye catching ID cards for a whole host of applications such as:
* Personalized secure access cards - access can be altered as required
* OH&S compliant staff, visitor & contractor ID cards
* Debit cards - can hold up-to-date credit information
* Membership cards - with full data on monies paid and attendances
* Student ID cards - can hold usage history information
* Sales cards - can transfer the sales representatives information against a sale
* Secure ID card for network access - holds full fingerprint data for comparison
* Plus much more
Zebra's P330i card printer is compact and lightweight in design and can be easily located at reception or wherever visitors report in. The information to be encoded and printed is easily programmed via software supplied by Peacock Bros . that will work perfectly with the entire Zebra Card Printer range.
The P330i with factory-installed contact smart card encoder is available from Peacock Bros. who are an authorised distributor of the Zebra Card Printers as well as customized lanyards, blank and pre-printed cards, belt clips and card holders.