Surface area and porosity are important properties that influence the quality and utility of many materials, and as such it is important that these characteristics are accurately determined and controlled. Now with the Tri-Star II 3020 surface area and porosity analyser from Particle & Surface Sciences , high quality data on these characteristics can be delivered at an affordable price.
Knowledge of surface area and porosity is often also an important key to understanding the formation, structure, and potential application of many natural materials. The TriStar II 3020 is a fully automated, three-station, surface area and porosity analyser that can not only increase the speed and efficiency of routine quality control analyses, it also has the accuracy, resolution, and data reduction capability to meet most research requirements.
Featuring a new Krypton option that allows measurements in the very low surface area range, the Tri-Star II 3020 surface area and porosity analyser also combines versatility in analysis methods and data reduction to allow the user to optimise analyses to specific applications.
With an attractively designed cabinet to offer a small footprint and ease of accesibility, the Tri-Star II 3020 surface area and porosity analyser is packed with a range of features to make it an ideal instrument for porosity and surface area analysis in a range of applications. These features include:
- three analysis ports that operate simultaneously and independently of one another and that allow three BET surface area measurements to be performed in less than 20 minutes
- surface areas as low as 0.01 m2/g can be measured with the standard nitrogen system
- accommodation for the use of argon, carbon dioxide, and other non-corrosive gases such as butane, methane, or other light hydrocarbons
- dedicated PO port that allows the measurement of saturation pressure on a continuous basis - data can be entered manually, measured continuously, or collected over the sample
- incremental or fixed dosing routines prevent overshooting pressure points while minimising analysis time
- free space can be measured, calculated, or manually entered providing maximum flexibility in accommodating special sample types and emphasizing speed when needed
- 2.75-liter Dewar and extended length sample tubes allow complete adsorption and desorption isotherms to be collected without operator intervention
- collection capability of up to 1000 data points
- fine details of the isotherm can be observed and recorded providing high resolution and revealing pore structure details.
The Tri-Star II 3020 surface area and porosity anaylser has enhanced product support features, including:
- video clips
- Ethernet communication between the computer and the instrument
- barcode reader capability
- built-in electronic test points and diagnostic software
- ability to perform remote diagnostics via the internet; and
- ability to read and compare historical TriStar and Gemini data to TriStar II data.
Intuitive and powerful Windows-based software allows more versatility in data archiving and networking with the Tri-Star II 3020 surface area and porosity analyser. However, the most powerful features of this software are found in its expanded range of data reduction and reporting. SPC reports, new isotherm and thickness models, isosteric heat of adsorption, and integrated DFT models are all included.
Optional sample preparation devices are also available, combining flowing gas and/or vacuum with heat to remove atmospheric contaminants, such as water vapor and adsorbed gas, from the surface and pores of the sample.