Particle & Surface Sciences introduces a new surface area and porosity system from Micromeritics.
The new Micromeritics TriStar II Plus is a fully automated, three-station surface area and porosity analyser designed for laboratories that require the combination of high throughput and high quality data. The TriStar II Plus contains all the capabilities of the popular TriStar II with additional hardware and software features.
Suited for use in both quality control and research environments, the TriStar II Plus can collect up to 1000 data points. Fine details of the isotherm can be observed and recorded providing high resolution and revealing pore structure details.
New hardware features in the TriStar II Plus surface area and porosity analysers:
- New dewar design and proven isothermal jacket technology provide extended hours of continuous temperature control
- Unique stainless steel manifold is corrosion-resistant and designed for highly-accurate gas management
- Dedicated saturation pressure (Po) port as standard - allows measurement of saturation pressure on a continuous basis
- Three analysis ports operate simultaneously and independently of one another
- Krypton option allows precise measurements in the very low surface area range
- Enhanced software capabilities, data reduction features and instrument monitoring
- Innovative dashboard monitors and provides convenient access to real-time instrument performance indicators and maintenance scheduling information
- Intuitive MicroActive software gives the ability to interactively evaluate isotherm data and reduce time required to obtain results
- Allows direct interaction with adsorption data
- User is immediately updated with new textural properties by simply moving the calculation bars
- User selectable data ranges through the graphic interface allow direct modelling for BET, t-Plot, Langmuir, DFT interpretation etc.
- Improved ability to overlay files (up to 25) including mercury intrusion data with a single-click file add and subtract feature
- Report Options editor allows the user to define up to five reports with on-screen previews
- Powerful Python scripting language allows users to develop extensions to the standard report library
- Utilises the revolutionary multi-adsorbate integral equation (Dual DFT) for micropore analyses of carbons