Particle & Surface Sciences introduces the new Micromeritics DVVA II dynamic void volume analysers designed to measure the compressed void volume and density of powders as well as various materials with precision and accuracy.
The DVVA II accurately measures the fundamental property of carbon black aggregate structure by calculating the void volume of a sample under compression, providing an automated cleaner/greener alternative to the oil absorption test, while satisfying the requirements of ASTM D 6086 test method for dynamic void volume analysis.
Pharmaceutical powders, resins, rigid foams and non-woven fibre mats are examples of manufactured materials having secondary characteristics directly related to void volume.
Having a high resolution set of data that describes the void volume vs. geometric mean pressure characteristics of the material is a fundamental step in understanding, controlling or predicting phenomena related to void volume.
Key features of Micromeritics DVVA II dynamic void volume analysers:
- Meets all requirements of ASTM D 6086 test method using two independent load cells
- Fully automated instrument control
- Safety features prevent operation until safety barrier is in place
- Variable sample size
- User-replaceable piston tip
- Compression scan results in less than 5 minutes
- Automated corrections to data
- Hydraulic fluid not needed
- Ejects compressed sample for further testing
- Free of hazardous materials and waste
- USB connection to PC
- Windows 7 operating environment
- Applied, transmitted and geometric mean pressure and force
- Void Volume
- Apparent Density
- Apparent Volume (VA)
- Rate of porosity change as a function of pressure
- Graphical and tabular reports
- Numerous compression models including Bauer, Wu, Kawakita, Cooper and Eaton, and Heckel