Rapid and Precise Surface Area Analyses
Surface area and porosity are important physical properties that influence the quality and utility of many materials and products. Knowledge of surface area and porosity is key to understanding the formation, structure, and potential application of many natural materials.
The Gemini VII 2390 Series of surface area analysers offer advantages such as low cost, speed, simplicity of use, reliability and ruggedness, making them an essential tool in research and quality control environments.
Gemini surface area analysers use sample and balance tubes innovatively. These tubes are identical in every aspect including their thermal environment. The sample and reference reservoirs like their associated tubes are physically identical and initially charged to the same pressure.
During an analysis, differential pressure between reservoirs is monitored. This common technique confirms that any differential pressure is solely due to adsorption by the sample and not to factors that lead to variations in free space during an analysis.
- Windows version includes user-friendly installation videos and system verification tests to ensure optimum performance and reliability
- Patented twin-tube design negates free-space errors introduced by thermal gradient variations or by initial mismeasurement of free space
- Permits low surface area measurements without requiring krypton by essentially eliminating free-space error, the limiting factor in typical static volumetric systems
- Accelerates delivery of the analysis gas because sample uptake controls the rate at which the gas is delivered to the sample
- Servo valve is used to control the rate of gas flow into the sample tube
- Accurate attainment of target pressures without pressure overshoot
Gemini VII 2390 Series of surface area analysers are available in a choice of three models.
Gemini VII 2390a
- Ideal for rapid and accurate surface area determination by single-point and multipoint BET and Langmuir methods
- Provides standard methods for total pore volume and micropore analysis by the t-method
- Determines statistical thickness surface area (STSA) of carbon blacks
Gemini VII 2390p
- Provides additional precision with the addition of a saturation pressure (P0) tube that allows the system to monitor the saturation pressure of the adsorptive on a continuous basis during analysis
- Design feature permits a rapid measurement of the adsorption isotherm to near-saturation as well as determination of pore size distribution
Gemini VII 2390t
- In addition to 2390p capabilities, features include larger Dewar and longer sample tubes for extended analyses
- Measures the total adsorption-desorption process
- With this data set, one can perform a BJH or Dollimore-Heal pore size distribution using up to 1000 data points