The DCAT 21 dynamic contact angle measuring instrument and tensiometer by Dataphysics Germany is now available from Particle & Surface Sciences .
The DCAT 21 is designed as an all-purpose instrument for weight-based measurement of contact angle, surface and interfacial tension, critical micelle formation concentration, density, sedimentation and penetration rate as well as penetration resistance.
The DCAT 21 dynamic contact angle measuring instruments and tensiometers are high precision electro dynamic compensation weighing systems featuring a weighing range of 10 µg to 210 g with automatic calibration.
The DCAT 21 also allows the use of the optional electrical temperature control unit, TEC 250/DCAT thanks to the 30mm longer travel for the sample stage than the DCAT 11 and DCAT 11EC.
Key features of DCAT 21 dynamic contact angle measuring instrument and tensiometer:
- High-precision electro dynamic compensation weighing system with automatic calibration
- Software controlled height positioning of sample receptacles with variable speed (0.74 µm/s to 500 mm/min)
- Automatic electronic coupling lock for the balance
- Integrated measurement and control electronics with connections for two Pt 100 temperature sensors (-60ºC to +450ºC; ± 0.01 K resolution; precision 1/3 DIN IEC 751, Class B)
- Display for weighing data, temperature and other information
- Illuminated sample chamber with inert gas or vapour inlet
- USB interface with connection cable to PC/notebook