The Dataphysics DCAT 11EC dynamic contact angle measuring instrument and tensiometer available from Particle & Surface Sciences (PsS) is a budget-priced instrument designed for weight-based measurement of contact angle, surface and interfacial tension, critical micelle formation concentration, density, sedimentation and penetration rate as well as penetration resistance.
The high precision electro dynamic compensation weighing systems feature a weighing range of 100 µg to 210 g with automatic calibration.
Key features of the contact angle measuring instrument and tensiometer:
- Software controlled height positioning of the sample receptacles with variable speed (2 µm/s to 60 mm/min)
- Automatic electronic coupling lock for the balance
- Integrated measurement and control electronics with connections for two Pt 100 temperature sensors (-60ºC to +450ºC; ± 0.01 K resolution; precision 1/3 DIN IEC 751, Class B)
- Display for weighing data, temperature and other information
- Illuminated sample chamber with inert gas or vapour inlet
- USB interface with connection cable to PC/notebook