Entry-level walk behind mowers are in a highly competitive sector of the market. In the entry level range is the Parklander PCS-4040, from Parklands Power Products (Aust) , which offers features found in more expensive models.
Introduced over 25 years ago, the Parklander range has been accepted as a quality, durable, yet affordable product series that today is the largest range in the Parklands offering.
Take zone start, for instance, a feature often neglected in the more inexpensive walk behind mowers. Zone start allows the operator to get the engine running faster and more safely. Not to mention more easily, especially considering walk behind mowers that require starting from the engine—which can be punishing on one’s back.
- Ruggedly built for tough Australian conditions, the PCS-4040 features a heavy-duty 18” steel deck and a powerful, Parklander 4.0 hp OHV four-stroke engine.
- The high lift swing blades provide a safe, consistent clean-cut finish.
- A 10-position steel height adjuster gives the user a good choice of mowing heights.
- The PCS-4040 features large double ball-bearing wheels, for effortless operation and less vibration.
- The twin-handle, large capacity catcher is easy to remove and empty.
- The walk behind mower is easy to control with its ergonomic grip and has padded handles for more comfortable mowing, especially during periods of prolonged use.
- Starting is easy with an enhanced recoil starter.
- The quick-fold feature allows the user to quickly put the walk behind mower away, whilst using less space for storage.