Now available from Parker Hannifin , the FPM-050 fuel polishing module for mobile applications prevents fuel system contamination and is an ideal solution for equipment stored outside or away from power during down time.
The daily buildup of condensation in a diesel fuel system can lead to fuel contamination through bacteria growth. This new patent pending fuel polishing module for mobile applications fights the daily accumulation of water in diesel fuel systems, thus preventing corrosion and other system problems, while increasing fuel system reliability.
The FPM-050 fuel polishing module is optimized to remove emulsified water from the fuel system, preventing common fuel issues and maximizing the effectiveness of current filters.
As diesel fuel warms through engine use or the daily heat of the sun, its natural capacity to absorb water increases, dissolving and dispersing a percentage of any water in the tank. When the fuel cools, this dissolved water desorbs into a bacteria-harboring emulsified suspension. By flowing the fuel gently over many hours, the FPM-050 fuel polishing module maximizes the filter’s ability to separate this difficult-to-remove emulsion and filter out particulate.
The FPM-050 fuel polishing module has many features and offers a range of benefits:
- the low 150 mA power draw facilitates regular fuel maintenance with minimal battery drain
- it reduces the need for expensive fuel treatments and additives
- it is compatible with diesel, kerosene, and biodiesel generators
- it maximizes system reliability by removing entrained moisture that builds up daily
- it minimizes system down time attributed to fuel contamination and other fuel system problems
- it prevents contaminant build-up, making it ideal for equipment that sits for long periods between uses.
In either configuration, regular use of the new FPM-050 fuel polishing module while the engine or generator is idle helps prevent contaminants from accumulating in the fuel system by continuously removing moisture from the fuel.