The Series XFC cylinders from Parker Hannifin provide an electromechanical alternative to traditional hydraulic cylinders. Industrial applications such as wind turbine manufacturers require high force electromechanical pitch control cylinder solution yielding high durability, long life, minimal maintenance and low operating cost by utilizing heavy duty steel construction and high load capacity roller screws combined with Parker premier customer service.
Features of the XFC cylinders include:
- Durability - All steel construction of the cylinders provides a rigid high force platform traditionally associated with hydraulic cylinders
- Improved Performance - The roller screw design - High load roller screws provide 5 times more thrust and 10 times more life than traditional ball screws
- System Solution - Complete Parker system for the cylinders includes cylinder, gearhead, servo motor, drive, controls
- Improved Performance - Parallel Gear Drive - Provides positive engagement between motor and load. No belts to break or skipped teeth needed for this type of cylinder
- Hydraulic Alternative - Electromechanical actuators may be more application appropriate where oil may not be suited
- Versatility - No standard stroke lengths - only pay for the travel needed