A new production process based on stainless steel extrusions is raising the quality and consistency of industry-standard compression tube fittings - without ratcheting up the costs. The move comes from Parker Hannifin .
Parker Hannifin believes it is the first tube fittings manufacturer to launch extrusion-based products into the mainstream twin-ferrule stainless steel compression tube fitting market, and is offering the technology on its world-leading A-LOK range. Features and benefits of the extrusion based products include:
- Parker have a patented extrusion process that can cope with the tough metals required for tube fittings
- The extrusion process is equally applicable to all the exotic alloy fitting products it supplies for corrosion-resistant applications
- As extrusions allow dimensions to be very closely controlled, the fitting interchangeability demanded by large-scale users remains in place
- Extruded profiles are faster to produce
- The extrusion based products are available with shorter lead times
- The extrusion based tube fitting products can typically be produced in smaller batches
- Shorter lead times allows Parker to respond more quickly and flexibly to customer requests, which can be especially beneficial for projects requiring exotic materials
- Parker Hannifin source raw materials from high quality European sources
- All extrusion based products undergo independent intergranular corrosion test before product manufacturing begins, plus a number of unique processing stages aimed at optimising reliability and corrosion resistance
Parker is phasing this new materials technology into production over the coming months, but will make extruded products available now on a project by project basis - due to the extremely positive response it is receiving from customers.