PTC has launched Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0, a major release of its MCAD/CAM/CAE software and an integral component of PTC's Product Development System.
Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0 helps users get their jobs done faster and easier, with best practices in mind.
According to PTC, this is the highest-quality new release of Pro/ENGINEER in the company's history.
Today's increasingly complex product development environment requires that engineers shorten time to market by compressing development cycles without compromising results.
To successfully meet these challenges engineers are seeking solutions that enable them to increase their personal productivity and the efficiency of the processes they employ throughout the product development cycle. Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0 focuses on solving these specific challenges.
* Fast sketcher - a reduction in the number of menu picks required to use and exit the sketch environment, which improves performance with large sketches up to 80%.
* Fast assembly - the modernised user interface and optimised assembly workflow dramatically increases the speed of assembly, up to five times faster, while new support for Window XP-64 bit systems enables retrieval of very large assemblies.
* Fast drawings - the ability to add shaded views to traditional 2D drawings helps clarify design concepts faster and removes ambiguity. Improvements in the drawing environment will yield an increase in productivity benefits up to 63%
* Fast sheetmetal - the capability to interpret design intent enables the creation of sheetmetal features up to 90% faster, while also reducing the number of features by up to 90%.
* Fast CAM - enhancements to the manufacturing user interface speed the creation of manufacturing geometry by up to three times.
Process productivity is the second area targeted for improvement with Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0. Key features include:
* Smart process wizard - the inclusion of a new, customisable Process Wizard allows companies to capture expert knowledge and leverage their best practices and recommended approaches for different processes.
* Smart model - the ability to embed manufacturing process information into the model makes it easier to design for manufacturability and helps promote best practices.
* Smart sharing - the introduction of portable workspaces that track all changed, new and unchanged files facilitates offline access to CAD data and helps improve collaboration with external parties.
* Smart interoperability with Windchill and Pro/INTRALINK -- automated reporting of bulk items, item check out on the fly only when changes are made, and the addition of a status column in the model tree to report the database status of an item provide a streamlined process for accessing information.
Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0 will soon be available. Active Pro/ENGINEER customers will automatically receive this new release free of charge under their current maintenance coverage.