Panasonic Australia announces the launch of the fully rugged Toughpad FZ-G1 tablet and Toughbook CF-AX2 Convertible Ultrabook in Australia.
The FZ-G1 Toughpad, one of the thinnest and lightest fully rugged tablets, and the Toughbook CF-AX2, a lightweight business rugged Convertible Ultrabook, both run on the Windows 8 operating system and deliver a fluid user experience while providing essential port connectivity in a conveniently compact and robust package.
Jason Lee, Product Marketing Manager, Toughbook, Panasonic Australia said that the two new Windows 8 products will give Australian mobile workers a level of efficiency usually reserved for larger or static workstations.
The Windows 8 business functionality enables the compact Toughpad FZ-G1 tablet and the CF-AX2 Convertible Ultrabook to combine the convenience and portability of small tablet devices with the productivity of a PC and the quality and operational confidence that companies have come to expect from Panasonic. Lee explains that Panasonic rugged computers are an industry benchmark when it comes to toughness and dependability.
According to Tina Flammer, Windows Business Group Lead, Microsoft Australia, Windows 8 was built to be personalised to customers’ needs, which is embodied by the new Panasonic devices that enable mobile workforces to have the power and productivity of a PC and the portability of a tablet in a rugged body.
Key features of Toughpad FZ-G1 tablets:
- Offers the full functionality of Windows 8 Pro operating system
- Military standard specifications, IP65 certification, dust and water resistance
- Withstands drops to 1.2 metres
- Extremely portable at just 1.1kg
- Ideal for businesses in mission-critical and mobile roles in sectors such as FMCG, defence, utilities, mining and healthcare
- 10.1-inch sunlight viewable touchscreen with next generation IPS outdoor display technology and WUXGA 1,920 x 1,200 resolution for easy outside usage
- Powered by Intel Core i5-3537U 1.9GHz vPro processor for faster operation and enhanced device management
- Battery has eight hours of runtime per charge
- Integrated Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and optional 3G mobile broadband offer quick access to applications and data
- Weighs a mere 1.15kg and measures 18mm in thickness
- Unique 360-degree flip-over hinge design allows business users to have the option to use as a touch-screen tablet or stylish Ultrabook
- 10-finger capacitive touchscreen enables use in tablet mode
- Hot swappable batteries offer up to 8 hours battery life to minimise downtime and improve efficiency on the road
- Withstands drops of up to 76cm and 100kgf pressure on the screen without damage
- Fully equipped with VGA and HDMI for display and projector connections, two USB 3.0 ports and LAN, as well as a full sized SD-XC card slot
- 11.6-inch capacitive HD (16:9) display and anti-glare film enable use inside and out
- Intel Core i5-3427U Ultra Low Voltage CPU (1.8 GHz)
- Storage options include 4 GB RAM standard and 128 GB SSD standard