Panasonic Australia has introduced a new line of low profile, compact dome network cameras featuring superior image quality, small size and discreet, IP66 vandal-resistant design.
The WV-SW155 and WV-SF135 series dome network cameras are suitable for security applications in public areas such as retail or corporate environments, monitoring applications in buses, trains, ambulances, taxis and armoured cars as well as surveillance applications at correctional centres.
Featuring a compact and discreet design, the dome network cameras deliver reliable performance and high-quality images with HD resolutions of up to 720p at 30 fps. Multiple H.264/JPEG video streams, high-sensitivity day and night functionality and SD/SDHC recording are some of the other features in the new cameras.
The WV-SW155 series boasts an excellent 104-degree viewing angle in a flat image without the fisheye effect that can impede the viewer’s ability to clearly discern subjects within the field of view. Both cameras provide an M12 pigtail instead of the standard RJ-45 Ethernet connector for transport applications.
According to Fraser Larcombe, Business Development Manager - Security and PBX Products, Panasonic Australia, the new series is the company’s first compact dome camera offering, with its superior imaging technologies suitable for security applications in diverse environments.
Panasonic’s new i-PRO SmartHD WV-SW155 is a range of vandal-resistant HD compact dome network cameras combining full-frame 1280 x 960 H.264 images with Super Dynamic and ABS technologies to deliver 128x wider dynamic range when compared to conventional cameras. The Face Super Dynamic Range technology allows for clear capture of facial images.
Panasonic’s WV-SW152 is a vandal-resistant, Super Dynamic camera providing SVGA resolution (800x600), light sensitivity of 0.6 lux (colour) and 0.4 lux (B/W) at F2.2 and auto electronic sensitivity enhancement of 8x.
Both dome network cameras can operate in a wide temperature range, comply with the IP66 environmental rating and offer shock resistance compliant with IEC 60068-2-75.
The Panasonic i-PRO SmartHD WV-SF135 is an HD dome network camera providing full frame transmission of 1280 x 960 images using a 1.3 megapixel high-sensitivity MOS sensor. The internal dome design makes the camera suitable for use at entry and exit doors as well as in retail environments.
The Panasonic WV-SF132 is a VGA compact dome camera providing 640 x 480 H.264 images using a 0.32 megapixel high-sensitivity MOS sensor with light sensitivity of 2.0 lux (colour) and 1.3 lux (B/W) at F.2.9.
Key features of WV-SW155 and WV-SF135 dome network cameras:
- Light sensitivity with day and night (electrical) function of 0.8 lux (colour) and 0.6 lux (B/W) at F2.2
- Up to 16x electronic sensitivity enhancement and Variable Image Quality on Specified areas (VIQS)
- Zoom (2x) is controlled by the browser with a 2x extra zoom (4x) available under VGA resolution
- Panasonic UniPhier proprietary system LSI platform provides multiple H.264 streams and JPEG streams for simultaneous real-time monitoring and high-resolution recording
- ABS technology delivers a wider dynamic range compared to conventional cameras
- Face detection function detects the position of a human face and sends the information by XML or video stream
- Meta data for Video Motion Detection (VMD) works with the Panasonic WJ-ND400 network video recorder's VMD function
- JPEG image compression ratio can be changed by the alarm function to provide higher-quality images
- Prioritised stream control can prioritise one video stream when multiple recorders or client PCs are accessing the camera
- SD/SDHC memory card slot provides manual recording, alarm recording or backup JPEG recording if the network fails
- Bit rate control provides flexible network traffic management
- Frame rate priority mode controls bit rate and compression ratio to provide a specified frame rate