Panasonic Australia announces two new weather-resistant security cameras for harsh outdoor applications.
The VW-SW598 and VW-SW396A security cameras feature the company’s ‘Rain Wash’ coating for clearer vision, an IP66 water and dust resistant rating and an integrated dehumidification device for condensation removal, and can accommodate temperature extremes from -50°C to +55°C.
Panasonic’s new i-PRO SmartHD pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) dome network cameras deliver clear vision and reliable performance for a wide range of safety surveillance requirements from high-traffic city areas and transport hubs where cameras often get splashed and dirty, to outdoor public areas and shopping centres. Both models offer excellent image quality and incorporate a high-sensitivity MOS sensor.
Marcus Vongpraseuth, Product Marketing Manager, Security, Panasonic explains that the new outdoor cameras have a ‘Rain Wash’ coating for better visibility, especially when they are constantly exposed to splashes from rain or dirt. Water droplets on a conventional dome camera cover have a globular shape, which blurs the field of view.
However, with Panasonic’s Rain Wash coating, water droplets on the camera dome become flat, which minimises blurring and allows for clearer visibility. The coating also resists the sticking of dirt to the dome cover, allowing dirt to be washed off more easily during rainfall or any exposure to water.
According to Marcus Vongpraseuth, a number of technologies are incorporated in these new models to ensure high-quality, consistent and flexible monitoring from advanced auto tracking to the new ‘drag and zoom’ PTZ control.
Powerful zooming with clear resolution is supported. The 36x optical zoom on the VW-SW396A combines with 12x digital zoom to enable a maximum 432x zoom. At VGA resolution, the 72x extra optical zoom combined with 12x digital zoom enables a maximum 864x zoom. The 30x optical zoom on the VW-SW598 can be boosted to 90x extra optical zoom at 640x360 resolution with 12x digital zoom enabling 1080x zoom.
Key features of Panasonic VW-SW598 and VW-SW396A security cameras:
- Full HD VW-SW598 offers full-frame 1,920 x 1,080 images at up to 30fps
- HD VW-SW396A offers 1,280 x 960 images
- Simultaneous real-time monitoring and high-resolution recording achieved with Panasonic’s UniPhier proprietary System LSI platform
- Super Dynamic and Adaptive Black Stretch image processing for high performance in a range of lighting conditions
- 0.5 lux high sensitivity for day/night recording
- Advanced auto-tracking offers greater smoothness and accuracy as camera automatically pans and tilts to follow a moving subject, keeping it in the centre
- Smooth PTZ control with 360-degree endless panning
- Face Super Dynamic technology ensures detection and capture of clear facial images
- Face Detection automatically detects up to 8 human faces
- VW-SW396A has 36x optical zoom and the VW-SW598 offers 30x optical zoom
- Fog and Sandstorm compensation in the VW-SW598 combines a number of images to create one clearer picture in these conditions
- Adaptive Digital Noise Reduction on the VW-SW396A (integrated 2D-DNR and 3D-DNR) reduces noise and motion blur in a range of conditions (VW-SW598 offers 3D-DNR)
- Video Motion Detection (VMD) offers four programmable detection zones, 15-step sensitivity levels and 10-step detection size
- Privacy Zone masks private areas such as house windows and entrances/exits, with 32 selectable on the VW-SW598 and eight on the VW-SW396A
- Can be monitored from a control room or a mobile terminal such as an iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch or mobile phone
- ONVIF-compliant and support PoE+, IEEE 802.3at