World-leading purpose-built rugged mobile computing solutions provider Panasonic Australia is introducing new models to their local Toughbook computer line-up, designed to deliver enhanced performance, reliability and ROI for mobile professionals.
The latest range of Panasonic Toughbook computers in Australia includes three lightweight business-rugged models alongside three fully-rugged models.
According to Mark Wallis, Group Manager – Toughbook, Panasonic Australia, the expanded range and increasing focus on business-rugged solutions aim to accommodate the growing number of businesses turning to rugged devices.
Mr Wallis encourages Australian companies to look carefully into rugged solutions before purchasing to ensure they are receiving a true tough solution, rather than a product with cosmetic tough attributes that would struggle to survive the daily rigours of the work environment.
Elaborating on the need for Australian businesses to be careful about their selection of rugged computers, he adds that it is no longer only about the cost of replacing a broken laptop; Australian businesses simply cannot afford to invest in a mobile device that is vulnerable to everyday bumps, knocks and spills, putting productivity, company data, sales and customer satisfaction at risk.
Rugged computers are a business necessity today, given the potential for notebook damage due to human error and carelessness during every-day work situations. Dropping the notebook while carrying, liquid spills and notebooks falling off a desk or table are listed as some of the most common causes of damage, according to a recent study.
Considering the impact that clumsiness can have on businesses, Mr Wallis believes it is crucial for organisations to consider a reliable and durable device that does not compromise on performance, over notebooks with skin-deep durability.
He adds that the rugged notebooks in the Panasonic Toughbook range offers solutions that are relevant to a diverse range of business sectors from healthcare to FMCG.
Panasonic Australia’s latest Toughbook solutions are designed for a range of mobile work environments.
Three business-rugged computers:
- Toughbook CF-53 offers desktop performance, rugged strength and wireless connectivity, and is ideal for professionals in telecommunications, automotive diagnostics and engineering
- Toughbook S10 is designed for the mobile business person with a magnesium alloy chassis, shock-mounted hard drive, and spill-resistant keyboard and touchpad
- Toughbook CF-C1 Mk2, a lightweight convertible tablet PC suitable for Australia’s growing mobile workforce in environments such as healthcare, education and field sales
Three fully rugged computers:
- Toughbook CF-31 Mk2, a powerful fully-rugged notebook deployed in highly demanding environments by the military and first responders
- Toughbook CF-19 Mk5 with a versatile tablet screen, used outdoors by mission-critical workers from emergency services to field utilities and transport maintenance
- Toughbook CF-H2 Field, a rugged handheld tablet computer offering mobility, performance and connectivity for field workers