Polyurethane is a liquid urethane polymer that can be cured to a range of hardnesses.
Polyurethane has good resistance to abrasion, oils, many chemicals, solvents and oxidation, while maintaining high tensile strength and resilience.
This combination of properties makes urethane a unique plastic material. Having the elasticity of rubber, polyurethane also combines many of the advantages of rigid plastic and metal.
Polyurethane is available from Pacific West – Plastic Suppliers.
Key features and benefits of polyurethane plastic:
- High load bearing capacity
- More durable than conventional elastomers
- Can be machined, drilled, sawn, turned and shaped on standard metal working equipment
- Wide range of physical properties
- Can be processed to provide a variety of shapes
- High impact resistance
- Low unlubricated coefficient of friction
- Good water resistance
- Resists cracking under repeated flexure
- Remains flexible at very low temperatures
- Radiation resistance
Applications of polyurethane plastic:
- Conveyor drive and idle rollers
- Hydraulic and pneumatic seals
- Pump impellers
- Bearing pads, rollers, gear wheels, bushes
- Crane wheels
- Conveyor belt scraping blades
- Wear parts
- Printing rollers
- Cyclone nozzles
Availability of polyurethane plastic:
Rod: From10mm diameter
Sheet: From 3mm thick
Tube: Custom made
- Custom made
- Machined Parts