Acetal is available in rod and sheet from Pacific West Corporation – Plastic Suppliers.
Acetal is an engineering plastic widely used for machined parts, has high hardness and stiffness and also good mechanical properties.
Acetal lends itself to turning, milling and most other plastic machining processes. Acetal is available in Copolymer (C) and Homopolymer (H).
If an engineering plastic with excellent machining properties and dimensional stability for critical tolerances is required, Acetal is an good choice.
Acetal is ideal for the machining of precision parts, as it has a low co-efficient of friction and excellent dielectric properties.
Pacific West can supply Acetal in black and natural (white) and also custom made machined Acetal plastic parts.
Features and Benefits of Acetal plastic:
- High hardness and stiffness
- High mechanical properties
- Good creep resistance and dimensional stability
- Good dialectical properties
- Low co-efficient of friction
- High mechanical strength
- Good machinability
- Low stick-slip
- Physiologically inert for food and medical applications
- Low moisture absorption
- Continuous use at temperature 115°
Uses of Acetal plastic:
- Precision gears
- Bearings with close tolerances
- Electrical engineering insulators
- Snap fit assemblies
- Parts which operate in water between 60° to 90°C
- Wear parts
- Thrust washers
Available sizes of Acetal plastic:
- Acetal plastic sheet Thickness: 1 - 50 mmSizes: 2000 x 1000 mm, 3000 x 610mm
- Acetal plastic rod Outside diameter: 5 - 250 mm Acetal plastic rolls; Thickness: 0.5 - 0.8 mm x 1000mm wide