Nylon products are available in rod, sheet and tube form from Pacific West Corporation .
It is a versatile engineering plastic and there are many different grades of nylon designed to satisfy mechanical and chemical needs.
If you require a plastic product with a combination of mechanical strength, stiffness, toughness, mechanical damping properties and wear resistance, nylon is the ideal choice.
The general grade – nylon 6, has all of these properties and also has good electrical insulating ability and a high chemical resistance. This combination ensures nylon 6 is a good engineering plastic for mechanical construction and maintenance.
Nylon 6 is available in black and natural (a white candle wax colour). Pacific West Corporation can supply all your nylon needs either in the raw product, or custom made machined nylon parts.
Features and benefits of nylon:
- High sliding properties
- High mechanical strength
- Good fatigue resistance
- Good wear resistance
- Absorbs moisture, therefore, cannot be used underwater
- High impact strength and toughness
- Low power factor requirements
- High wear resistance
Uses of nylon:
- Natural nylon is good food grade plastic
- Black nylon is used where lubrication is required
- High load bearings
- Wear pads
- Support and guide wheels
- Conveyor and tension rollers
- Wire rope sheaves
- Buffer pads
- Gears etc
- High impact wear parts
Nylon Sheet 6SA extruded
- Thickness: 1 - 6mm
- Sizes: 2000 x 1000mm
Nylon Rod (Extruded)
- Outside diameter: 5 - 50mm
Nylon Rod (Cast)
- Outside diameter: 50 – 350mm
Nylon Tube (Cast)
- Outside diameter: 50 - 200mm
Nylon Tape Rolls
- Thickness: 0.5 and 0.8mm in rolls 1000mm wide