Nylon is available in rod, sheet and tube form from Pacific West Corporation – Plastic Suppliers.
Nylon is an extremely versatile engineering plastic and there are many different grades of Nylon designed to satisfy mechanical and chemical needs.
If a plastic with a combination of mechanical strength, stiffness, toughness, mechanical damping properties and wear resistance is needed, Nylon is the ideal choice.
The general grade, Nylon 6, has all of these properties and also has good electrical insulating ability and a high chemical resistance.
This combination ensures Nylon 6 is a good engineering plastic for mechanical construction and maintenance.
Nylon 6 is available in black and natural (a white candle wax colour). Pacific West can supply all Nylon needs either in the raw product, or custom made machined Nylon plastic parts.
Features and benefits of Nylon plastic:
- Good bearing properties
- High impact strength & toughness
- Low power factor requirements
- High wear resistance
- High sliding properties
- High mechanical strength
- Good fatigue resistance
- Good wear resistance
- Absorbs moisture, therefore, cannot be used underwater
Uses of Nylon plastic:
- Natural Nylon is an excellent food grade plastic
- Black Nylon is used where lubrication is required
- High load bearings
- Wear pads
- Support and guide wheels
- Conveyor and tension rollers
- Wire rope sheaves
- Buffer pads
- Gears, etc.
- High impact wear parts
Available Sizes of Nylon plastic:
- Nylon plastic sheet 6SA extruded
- Thickness: 1 - 6 mm
- Sizes: 2000 x 1000 mm
- Nylon plastic rod (extruded)
- Outside diameter: 5 - 50 mm
- Nylon plastic rod (cast)
- Outside diameter: 50 – 350mm
- Nylon plastic Tube (cast)
- Outside diameter: 50 - 200 mm
- Wall thickness: Nylon plastic Tape Rolls
- Thickness: 0.5 and 0.8mm in rolls 1000mm wide