Pacific Sensor Technologies introduces the 3DLevelScanner HT from BinMaster designed to measure the volume and map the material surface in bins, tanks and silos with high temperatures.
This latest model of the 3DLevelScanner from BinMaster is designed to operate in high temperatures that may be present when materials heated in the production process are conveyed into storage silos. BinMaster’s level scanner measures the material level in multiple locations in the vessel and estimates the volume in storage silos containing challenging materials such as clinker, alumina, frac sand and fly ash.
The sensor sends pulses in a 70° beam angle, taking multiple measurements from the material surface and continually mapping the material surface to detect changes in level, account for uneven surface topography, and calculate a highly accurate volume estimate for the contents of the silo.
The 3DLevelScanner HT is ideal for use in the cement, aluminium, mining and power industries where there are multiple challenges such as excessive dust or high humidity as well as very large silos where the material surface in the bin is irregular and difficult to measure.
Key features of BinMaster’s 3DLevelScanner HT device:
- Measures, maps, and visualises the material surface in bins with irregular topography and very wide bins
- Uses dust-penetrating, multiple-point, non-contact technology
- Operating temperature range of up to 180°C
- Maintains a high level of measurement accuracy in high temperatures
- Sensor sends pulses in a 70° beam angle taking multiple measurements from the material surface
- 3DLevelManager software reports the lowest and highest points detected and the average level
- Colourful graphical representation in the MV and MVL models indicates the high and low spots in the silo
He adds that based on the number of scanners installed, volume accuracy can be 3% or even better in very large vessels, far surpassing the accuracy of any radar or other single-point measurement devices.