PT Link Systems presents powered actuators from Duff Norton.
All actuators require an external power source, be it from an electric motor or hand wheel. Customers who choose to power their actuators with an electric motor may do so by connecting the motor to the actuator via a C-face adapter, a right angle gear reducer, or by remotely connecting the motor and actuator worm shaft with a coupling and connecting shaft.
Hand wheels are the preferred drive components for customers who choose to manually power their actuators.
Duff Norton provides customers with a comprehensive and easily implemented motorised gear reducer assortment to power their actuators. Customers can easily select the gear reducer model best suited for their application.
Key features of gear reducers:
- Available on 2 ton through 50 ton machine screw or ball screw actuators
- Large selection of gear reducer ratios available
- Easy mounting simplifies installation, eliminates drive alignment problems
- Field retrofit possible on most existing non-motorised models
- Modular assembly allows many different arrangements
- Properly sized motor and gear reducer mounted directly to the side of the actuator
- One motorised actuator can shaft drive one or more additional actuators
- Reducer’s aluminium and finned housings yield better cooling properties
- Eliminates exposed shafts and couplings
- 1725 rpm, 230/460 volt, 3 phase TEFC motors standard